Experience 1 Year
We are currently recruiting for a Deputy Nursery Manager for our client based in W6, Fulham Reach.
Salary will depend on your qualifications and experience.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity working 40 hours a week.
Our client’s nursery is currently looking to recruit a dedicated, committed, and reliable candidate for a fantastic nursery job opportunity. This role is perfect for a candidate that is looking to have that work & life balance, yet still, be occupied by a permanent job role. Our client’s nursery is dedicated to providing the best possible learning experience for children in a loving and friendly atmosphere. They strongly support training and developing the right candidates and encourage their career development as the group grows and requires a compassionate and understanding individual.
Deputy Nursery Manager Job Summary
- Assist with the effective daily management of the nursery in accordance with the requirements of Company Policy, the Children Act 1989 and other relevant legislation, and all local authority and OFSTED requirements.
- In the absence of the Nursery Manager, undertake overall management responsibility for the nursery.
- Assist the Nursery Manager in ensuring all agreed Company Policies and procedures are maintained in the nursery at all times.
- Assist the Manager with their responsibility for the safety, security, and well-being of all children registered within the nursery.
Deputy Nursery Manager role and responsibility:
In consultation with the Nursery Manager, formulate, operate, and evaluate an annual program of activities suitable for the age range of the children following the guidelines for the implementation of Early Learning Goals, and the Company’s Curriculum Document.
Assist with the preparation of the nursery for OFSTED inspections and action any recommendations made by the Inspector.
If appropriate, be responsible for the day-to-day management within own room, encouraging good practice by the staff team with regard to individual and group work with children.
- Supporting the Nursery Manager in the day-to-day operations of the nursery
- Overseeing and coordinating stimulating and inspiring activities for the children across the nursery
- Communicating with the Manager on the progress and outcomes of the children
- Assisting with the monitoring of staff performance across the whole nursery
- Empower the team to deliver rich learning opportunities for all children through unique and exciting environments
- Assisting with the recruitment and induction of new staff members
- Assisting the Nursery manager to ensure occupancy targets are hit and maintained at all times
The skills set & experience:
- Over 1-year experience in a supervisory role (DESIRABLE)
- Minimum of 3 years occupational experience in a nursery setting (ESSENTIAL)
- Qualifications in childcare to a level 3
- Committed to your own career development
- A commitment and dedication to delivering exceptional childcare
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
All Deputy Nursery Manager Applicants will be required to have a DBS.
Please send your most up-to-date CV to LB Specialist Recruitment as soon as possible with your childcare certificate and right to work in the UK.
LB Specialist Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required.
** All internal staff at LB Specialist Recruitment Are Safer Recruitment trained **